Spotlight on South Dakota (8/16-22, 2019)
This program is currently unavailable. Click here to view all of our current programs.
August 16-22, 2019
Spotlight on South Dakota
The Black Hills & The Badlands
Book Now & Save $50 Per Person:
Single: $3, 389
For bookings made after Feb. 15, 2019 call for rates.
Included in Price: Round Trip Air from Bradley Intl Airport, Air Taxes and Fees/Surcharges, Hotel Transfers, Group Transportation to and from the Airport
Not included in price: Cancellation Waiver and Insurance of $275 per person, Airline Baggage Fees
*All Rates are Per Person and are subject to change, based on air inclusive package from BDL
IMPORTANT CONDITIONS: Your price is subject to increase prior to the time you make full payment. Your price is not subject to increase after you make full payment, except for charges resulting from increases in government-imposed taxes or fees. Once deposited, you have 7 days to send us written consumer consent or withdraw consent and receive a full refund.
Mount Rushmore, Crazy Horse Memorial, Badlands National Park, Wall Drug, Devils Tower National Monument, Black Hills Gold, Needles Highway, Custer State Park, Deadwood, High Plains Heritage Center
- Day 1: Friday, August 16, 2019 Rapid City, South Dakota - Tour Begins
- Welcome to the West. Your tour opens in Rapid City, long known as the gateway to the Black Hills. Tonight, you and your fellow travelers gather for a welcome dinner featuring a Native American chronicler who shares stories about the Lakota and Sioux way of life.
- Day 2: Saturday, August 17, 2019
- Rapid City - Mt. Rushmore - Crazy Horse - Rapid City Head for mighty Mount Rushmore to spend some time with the epic figures of Washington, Jefferson, Roosevelt and Lincoln as you stroll along Presidential Trail that offers the closest access to this iconic sculpture. Then, visit Crazy Horse Memorial and learn the story behind the world's largest, still-in-progress mountain sculpture. The memorial includes the Indian Museum of North America, the Native American Cultural Center, the sculptor's studio, orientation center, and theaters. Many Native American artists and craftspeople work at the memorial and welcome the chance to share how their culture influences their art. This evening, return to Mount Rushmore to see the nighttime lighting ceremony.
- Day 3: Sunday, August 18, 2019 Rapid City - Badlands - Wall - Rapid City Today is all about wide-open spaces. Explore the larger-than-life Badlands National Park. Upon arrival at the visitor center, the stage is set for your adventure, with informative exhibits, displays and video to introduce you to this area. You'll explore the Badlands Loop Road, a marvel of vibrant colors and rock formations created by mineral deposits. Afterwards, enjoy a stop at the legendary Wall Drug, a store that's barely changed since 1936. Do a little browsing, have a seat at the soda fountain, and take some time for lunch.
- Day 4: Monday, August 19, 2019
- Rapid City - Devils Tower National Monument - Rapid City This morning, get your bearings as we head to the Geographic Center of the Nation in Belle Fourche. Then, cross state lines into the Northeast corner of Wyoming to view the country's first national monument, Devils Tower. While it was made famous as the backdrop in Close Encounters of the Third Kind, the tower is sacred to many Northern Plains tribes. You'll have time to explore the trails that surround the one mile circumference of this jaw-dropping geologic formation.
- FOR A FULL COLOR BROCHURE, CALL US AT (203) 828-6505
ITINERARY AT A GLANCE
Days 1-6 Hilton Garden Inn Rapid City, Rapid City, South Dakota
On some dates alternate hotels may be used
- A deposit of $500 per person is due upon reservation. Reservations are made on a first come, first served basis. Reservations made after the deposit due date of February 8, 2019 are based upon availability. Final payment due by June 17, 2019. Deposits are refundable up until February 15, 2019
- This tour requires average physical activity. You should be in good health, able to climb stairs and walk reasonable distances, possibly over uneven grounds and cobblestone streets.
- Please be advised many airlines do not provide advance seat assignments until check-in at the airport. Advance seating will be subject to the airlines' terms and conditions
SPECIAL TRAVEL PRESENTATION
There will be a slide presentation on Tuesday, October 30th at 6:00pm at Oxford Town Hall. Please call to reserve your spot. (203) 828-6505